Marine Corps Birthday

Marine Corps Birthday
I got the first piece.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

How do I feel about peer reviews

I feel that peer reviews are very helpful, I didn't always feel this way though.  With my first peer review the class was not very forgiving at all, I mean they found just about everything wrong with my paper that you could possibly find.  Such as missing words, misspelled words, paragraphs being too long or not long enough, where a comma should be and where it shouldn't, I mean everything you could name.  I took it pretty hard, and it came out in my responses back to them, I really embarrassed myself because I couldn't take a bunch of student's who didn't know any more than I did about writing, criticizing my paper and picking it apart like they were supposed to be experts.  But they were right, and from what they were finding wrong, I knew what the problem was, and it was my fault for being in a hurry.  I didn't proofread any of the paper, and I didn't use my spell check or anything like that, simply because I was in a hurry.  I found that proofreading has helped me to catch a lot of mistakes that I couldn't see while I was typing the paper.  I ended up with a pretty good grade too.  So, I know from experience, and from the "School of Hard Knocks", that peer reviews, although hard to take at times, will help you to write a better paper.  I see peer reviews in a whole different light now, so I look forward to your suggestions, as well as your corrections.  Just, please be gentle. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment